Pacific Science Teaching Conference @hAWAIICON
Kona Coast, Big Island of Hawaii, September 13-17, 2017
This unique science teaching conference brings together internationally recognized scientists, teacher educators, and science fiction media personalities in one of the most amazing science teaching environments on the entire planet. Make plans now to join us and upgrade your hands-on activity science teaching toolkit today!
Things you don't want to miss at the conference include:
- Four days of hands-on workshops with classroom-ready materials!
- Three expert guided field-trips to explore geo- and biodiversity of Hawaii
- Chance to socialize with your favorite TV scientists along with a host of science fiction actors & authors on hand
Your students will thank you for coming!
Presenters invited to attend include:
- Andre Bormanis, Science Advisor to Star Trek & Cosmos
- Pauline Chinn, University of Hawai'i
- Donna Governor, North Georgia University
- Tania Burchell, National Radio Astro Observatory (ret.)
- Lou Mayo, NASA Goddard
- Ramon Lopez, University of Texas Arlington
- Rebecca Oppenheimer, Amer. Nat. Hist. Museum
- Stephanie Slater, CAPER Ctr for Astro & Physics Educ Res
- Tim Slater, Professor, Univ. of Wyoming
- Larry Morris, Professor Boggs' Science Music Studio
- Derek Buzasi, Kepler Mission & Florida Gulf Coast U.
- Heather Preston, Calusa Nature Center & Planetarium
- Sharon Schleigh, East Carolina University
- Carrie Cole, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
... among many others
REGISTRATION FEE: The four-day registration fee is $379 ($299 if paid online by May 15), and includes access to all sessions held at the hotel, including those with scientists and media guests: The entertainment industry guest line up is updated frequently. Please pay the registration fee by selecting this link.
CONFERENCE HOTEL: The conference hotel is is nestled on a white sandy beaches along the western the Kohala Coast on the Big Island of Hawaii, the Mauna Lani Bay Hotel. Book your rooms directly with us for convention exclusive rates. Rooms start at just $169/night and include free parking and much more. Reserve by clicking here.
Sign up to receive updated information about the Pacific Science Teaching Conference as soon as it becomes available.
For specific questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org